Saturday, April 25, 2009

my bicycle has been tuned and slightly modified!

Long title indeed.I couldn't think of a better one.

As the title has mentioned, my bicycle has been tuned and modified.

The brakes were quite loose and the bicycle could still move even after i apply the brakes.I figured it was dangerous to leave it like this, so i proposed to go to a shop and fix it.

Went there today after tuition, was a nice and peaceful ride, with the shining sun right above me in the midst of the afternoons and the cool(not) breeze blowing in my direction causing air resistance which means i have to pedal harder, plus, it was an uphill road. HAHAHA!

The guy tightened my brakes, shifted it to a lower angle so that it is easier to control, or so he says. Then i've set the pedal gear to the middle, larger one, so that there will be more bang for my buck. As in the bicycle will move with a faster top speed at a sacrifice of acceleration. though i do prefer acceleration over top speed, but this was an exception since i've been feeling slow lately. This will also help me train my leg muscles. Two birds with one stone, or maybe the other way around if you would prefer.

Point is, my bike is now faster with better brakes! YAY ME!

I beg my leave.

No comments: