Sunday, March 29, 2009

Food of royalty, and the story of ice.

OKAY! let's start. Yeah, went to Prince Cafe at SS2 this morning for breakfast. My mom had received a sudden call this morning to go there with the family, she was going to cook curry fish, so i wouldn't know which would taste better.

So, my mom's relatives were there before us since they planned this in the first place. Prince Cafe wasn't as classy as i thought it would be, the food was slightly above average. I ordered rice with black pepper chicken, and how i ate was quite confusing. I had to use the fork and knife to cut the chicken, then change to the spoon to eat the rice. hahaha! Drank ice blended chocolate with a small hint of mint. tastes ok without the mint, when mixed, *cough*disgusting*cough*, didn't taste that well.

After finishing breakfast, all of us brought grandma back home at stayed there for a while. My cousin Shannie bought ice cream for grandma and there was a BIG piece of dry ice, so i decided to play with it. Blowing it causes it to melt quickly, forming a burst of white smoke. I played with it while eating, erm... that cup cake that is pink and yellow in colour used as an 'offering' for our ancestors. 'fat gou' in cantonese, go figure... ok, then the block of ice was left in a paper bag INSIDE another plastic bag on top of a table, which, the ice froze the paper bag, plastic bag, and the table too! was SO COOL! XD

Threw the thing into water and a lot of smoke blew out! the whole bowl was filled, like a layer of cloud was created. After some time the lower part of the dry ice has spikes growing out of it, meaning the water had started freezing! Wanted to play with it more but my mom said we had to go and i am not allowed to bring that piece of ice with me..... boohoo! T-T Okay maybe i was overreacting because it's my first time playing with dry ice. But still, it was awesome!!! 

Oh, facebook is calling for me, so i guess i'll see ya! would really wanna be ya!

No comments: